It may not look appetizing – but it’s tasty. Think posh chicken nuggets! We tried this idea out last weekend and it’s now a Walthamstowfoodies favourite.
You need for 2 hungry foodies:
- 4 pheasant breasts (or 2 large chicken breasts instead)
- 250g plain flour (it could be white or wholemeal)
- 250g matzo meal or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ – 1 tsp chilli powder (depends how spicy you like it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
Chop the pheasant breasts into bite size pieces. Next prepare 3 bowls, to the first add the flour, the second the egg beaten up with the spices, and the third bowl is for the matzo.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Now the messy bit starts. Coat the meat first in the plain flour, and then dip it into the egg mix, then finally into the matzo. Fry the coated meat pieces in small batches until golden on all sides, it should only take a few minutes, then pop into the oven to cook through. They take about 10 minutes in a hot oven.