The island of Brac’s resort town of Bol, in Croatia, is a foodie paradise. I want to recommend a few places but must admit we regrettably didn’t have time to try all the restaurants on the island, although the desire was there. I’ve selected the restaurants on this list based purely on our personal take on value for money, the quality of the food and overall ambiance. I always think that every time you go out for a meal your life is in the hands of the chef so I also like the place to be squeaky clean and often have a glance at the kitchens before we eat!
So our top five restaurants:
- Mali Raj at Zlatni Rat – where we had the best homemade pasta with Istrian truffles and seafood tagliatelle!
- Bistro Laguna – amazing taste and value for money Skampi Buzzara ( massive prawns in a spicy tomato sauce that you slurp and eat with your hands) I need to confess this was actually my favourite place to eat as it was great value for your Croatian Kuna and the food portions were generous and the waiters smiled – the place existed for us – the people wanting to be here and eat their food.
- Taverna Riva Pizza (below the more formal restaurant on the waterfront) – great hand made pizza with well put together toppings for only £5 with sea-views thrown in free
- Konoba Mlin – local dishes including Fish Brudet (stew) with polenta and Pasticada with gnochi (beef slow-cooked in balsamic vinegar and prune sauce) in the garden of the old mill
- Konoba Dinko – lovely fish and seafood platter and quality wine with tables over-looking the bay